Sunday, September 23, 2007

Week Five Recap

It's sad that my posts have been limited to just quick recaps of the week recently. Training actually takes more time away from other activities than I thought it would. In fact I've been so busy this weekend that my long run- which was supposed to be Saturday morning before the family woke up- is waiting for me as soon as I hit the "publish" button. 10 miles and then hit the rack for some much needed sleep.

Confession time...I haven't been watching my eating this week at all, and I can really tell that it's made a difference in my runs. First of all knowing that I'm not eating well has my mind telling me that I'm not doing as well. Second, my energy has been down (lack of sleep is contributing as well), and third, (but unrelated to my food choices) I've started to feel soreness in my left knee again. That soreness dogged me last time I was training for a race and it scares me that it might be the beginning of something unpleasant.

The other thing I did differently this week is run with my iPod. I've found a great new podcast that I'm really learning a lot from but what it's done is occupy my mind and take my focus off my run...am I running the right pace, am I paying attention the space around me, am I hitting the hills like I was...that's a big fat NO.

In fairness I have been also spending a great deal of time thinking through a couple business plans I hope to pursue (thus the lack of sleep). One idea I have shared with a number of you and everyone was excited for me to be moving forward with I've decided against pursuing. After thinking through the logistics and a reassessment of my passion for the whole subject matter I think I'll leave that one for others to pursue.

Well no sense putting this off...I better go lace up the shoes and pray my knee holds up better tonight.

No comments: