Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Cub's Start Playoff Series - So What?

And now for something completely different...It's 9:25pm central time and the Cub's just finished the first inning of Game 1, NLDS. It's been nearly 100 years, that generation after generation of Cub fans have been hoping, dreaming and praying for a World Series Champion.


Will this be the year? As a Die Hard I can only continue to hold out hope and send out all the positive energy I can. Prayer however, I'll save for the more important things in life like...
  • Will a very dear family member have the spot of cancer removed successfully this week
  • Will...well there really isn't anything more important so I won't continue that thought

Games are games, following sports teams can be a great past time, but it's all a matter of priority when compared to the real issues in life...like sickness and health. The Cub's may lose in the playoffs, my Hawkeye's may not win again this year, but who honestly cares.

I'm praying for my family member, and if you share a faith in Christ I'd ask you to join me. If your family is experiencing similar uncertainty I'd encourage you to get on your knees too (send me a note and I will join you there).

God bless you all, and God bless the ones we love.

Until next time...keep moving forward!

Cub's Hat by spmedic at Flickr
Prayer Mosaic by kimxtom at Flickr

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I loved the mosaic. I hope everything turned out okay.